Friday, February 02, 2007

Punxsutawney Phil versus Cynomys Rex

Greetings! And happy ground hog day! I'll have you know, however that Cynomys Rex has "one upped" Punxsutawney Phil this year....

According to the old English saying:

If Candlemas be fair and bright,
Winter has another flight.
If Candlemas brings clouds and rain,
Winter will not come again.

From Scotland:

If Candlemas Day is bright and clear,
There'll be two winters in the year.

From Germany:

For as the sun shines on Candlemas Day,
So far will the snow swirl until May.
For as the snow blows on Candlemas Day,
So far will the sun shine before May.

And from America:

If the sun shines on Groundhog Day;
Half the fuel and half the hay.

Yes indeed, I was up the other day and Sherri spotted me, but not a moment too soon I ducked back down the burrow and missed the snow.....but I guess you know what that means? Indeed: PHIL IS WRONG THIS YEAR.....for I predict more cold weather!!!!

If nothing else, look at poor cynomys buried in the snow!



It was with trepedation that I burrowed up to Cynomys not knowing if I could roust it from its winter sleep. Buried deep in the snow Cynomys looked, hibernative, so to speak. Fortunately all was well and it started right up, first crank.

It had been my intention to get the emissions test done but judging by the 3 foot drifts I think I wait for warmer weather. None the less, Cynomys is looking west for a good 2007 season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home